ONWARD MATHS is a five-level series which builds a strong foundation of the subject through the use of well-researched and sound pedagogical principles. The series uses the popular Concrete – Pictorial – Abstract Approach. Students are shown to new concepts using tangible, concrete manipulatives, and then engaging pictorials, before they are introduced to abstract symbolic representations. This allows students to have a deeper understanding of key mathematical concepts, thus motivating them to learn. The course is developed to cover the learning outcomes of the latest Cambridge Primary Curriculum Framework, comprehensively.
- Content is clearly structured and spiraled across the levels to ensure a gradual build-up and review of skills as students progress up the grades
- Emphasis on developing students’ problem-solving skills, critical thinking, as well as other 21st-century skills
- Develops students’ confidence for examinations
- A wide range of practice questions are provided at frequent and appropriate junctures
- Reinforcement of concepts and sufficient practice to enable students to attain a good foundation for their tests and examinations
- Teacher’s Guide