Personal Best is a 6-level general English course for today’s busy young adults who want to maximize their English language learning experience. Developed with series editor Jim Scrivener, internationally renowned teacher trainer and presenter, it brings together his focus on practice as a driver of improvement for students and a 21st century course package with an integrated web-based video show and the Personal Best Language App.
There are two key ideas that power the concept of Personal Best:
It’s personal: The course focuses on students as individuals who learn at different speeds and have different strengths and weaknesses.
It helps learners achieve their best: To help students reach their full potential, we have focused on the vital role of practice. The course makes sure that students can actually take away the language they can use.
How is Personal Best different?
- Grammar is taught in stand-alone lessons, separate from skills work.
- The pronunciation syllabus focuses on connected speech.
- Lexis is prioritized. Personal best includes two or more vocabulary sets per unit.
- Above all, practice is given priority in the course.
- There is a comprehensive skills syllabus seen in the Listening Builder, Conversation Builder, Text Builder and Skill boxes.
- Reading and listening pages designed to develop learners’ skills and strategies.
- Serious attention is paid to helping students speak and write more effectively.
- There are clear task goals and cumulative aims for speaking and writing activities.
- Students’ Book and access to the Richmond Learning Platform
- The Personal Best Language App
- Teacher’s Book and access to the Richmond Learning Platform
- Class audio and video pack
- Teacher’s Resource Book
- Digital Book for interactive whiteboard